BC Public Service - Job Opportunities
BAND 4 - Project Director
||Forests Lands Natural Res Ops
|Ministry Branch / Division:
||Timber Operations Pricing and First Nations
|Posting Close Date:
||Regular Full Time
||Leadership and Management
Management Band 4
Salary: $86,000 - $112,000 annually
This position is excluded from union membership
An eligibility list may be established
Apply your dedication to excellence in a fast paced, high impact area of forest resource management
Timber Operations, Pricing and First Nations Division provides provincial leadership in timber pricing, timber measurement, forest revenue forecasting and forest revenue billing, and works with Regional and District staff to enhance First Nations’ role in the forest sector and to ensure that the Ministry meets its obligation to consult with First Nations on proposed natural resource activities.
The Project Director, Natural Resource Roads Project leads and directs the development and implementation of an integrated administrative framework to create a common safety and regulatory regime for builders, maintainers and users of natural resource roads.
For full description of accountabilities and qualifications, please review the attached job profile.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Paul.Knowles@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT APPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “How to Apply” section below.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
Education & Experience
In order to be considered for this position your resume must clearly demonstrate that you have the following:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, related field or equivalent.
- Experience, in a senior management role, leading complex, high profile projects involving the development of legislation and regulations, preferably in the natural resource sector. Preference may be given to 3 years or greater of this experience.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders across government and leading organizational change associated with implementation. Preference may be given to 3 years or greater of this experience.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary senior-level professionals in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects.
- Experience in strategic business planning, contract management, financial management and leading stakeholder and/or First Nations consultation processes. Preference may be given to 3 years or greater of this experience.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with industry and other external stakeholders and leading groups with diverse opinions and perspectives.
- A Project Management Professional designation would be an asset.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check may be required
Cover letter required: YES - A cover letter is required as part of your application. Clearly identify how you meet the education and experience necessary for this position. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES - Prior to submitting your application for this opportunity, update your resume profile by using the copy and paste function to add your resume. Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the required job qualifications (education and experience). Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities. If you do not clearly identify how you meet the education and experience requirements for the position, your application will not be considered.
Questionnaire required: YES - As part of the application process you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. You will not be able to go back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot up to 60 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter.
IMPORTANT: The online questionnaire cannot be saved and will time out after 60 minutes. You will need to complete the questionnaire and submit your application within 60 minutes or you will lose any information you have entered. If you require more time to prepare your responses, copy the questions and prepare your responses outside of the system and paste them into the online questionnaire when you are ready to apply. Further instructions are provided in the questionnaire and are also available on the Apply for the Job page on MyHR.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Unless otherwise specified in the posting above, only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Job Opportunities website will be accepted.
- Please ensure that you have already created or updated your profile to include your current contact information and updated resume before clicking the Submit Your Profile button below. No changes can be made after you submit your profile.
To create a profile, click on "Create Profile" at the top of this page.
To update an existing profile, click "Career Centre Login" at the top of this page.
For information on troubleshooting or to review our Frequently Asked Questions, please visit our Application Process page.
If you are still experiencing technical problems, or have problems submitting your resume/cover letter, please email BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
- After submitting your profile, you will be taken to the Cover Letter page where you can add your cover letter. If a cover letter is not required for this competition, select "SKIP" on the following screen to continue with your application.
- As part of your application process you will be prompted to fill out a brief set of questions which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. For some competitions you may be prompted to fill out a questionnaire that is relevant to the specific position, so please allow time should this be a requirement. You will not be able to go back at a later time to complete the questionnaire after submitting your resume and (if required) your cover letter.
By submitting your profile, you certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. Any information provided in your application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate you from further consideration for employment or may result in dismissal.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume"